SUS에칭

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자을지로킹콩 조회 24회 작성일 2022-05-27 13:54:55 댓글 0

본문

Chemical Etching: A Tour Through The Process (3D Animation)

Download the free whitepaper to learn more about Chemical Etching: https://insights.vecoprecision.com/en/whitepaper-chemical-etching

Chemical Etching is a subtractive manufacturing process that uses baths of temperature-regulated etching chemicals to selectively remove material to produce high precision metal parts in any desired shape. It is also referred to as Chemical Milling, Photo (Chemical) Etching, Electrochemical Etching, Photo (Chemical) Milling, Photo Chemical Machining, and Industrial Etching. The process is ideally suited to a wide range of materials. Most commonly used materials include stainless steel, non-, low-alloy steel, nickel, copper, bronze, brass, etc. Many other types of metal, e.g. gold, silver, aluminum, hastelloy, titanium, and special alloys such as nitinol and vitrovac, can be etched under appropriate conditions.

Widely used across a range of high technology industries, Chemical Etching could be the answer to your precision metal part needs. Complex, stress-free, burr-free components can be produced from your ideas into reality in a matter of days. Think how that could revolutionize your prototyping concepts. Now realize that this can be achieved on an industrial manufacturing scale as well, and as easily as your conceptual ideas.

For more information, please visit our website at http://www.vecoprecision.com or contact one of our engineers.
RAGINI H.SHEDGE roll no 13 7m : Thanks
It actually gave clear idea about the process...
Alessandro Marangon : Nice video!!
your well wisher : Super bro

Metal Etching

How to etch metal
VTPSTTU : You could get different effects with different electrolytes. Vinegar would be the obvious addition, but lemon juice concentrate might work as well. In the old days, some plating solutions used buttermilk to change the formula a little bit. If you get just the right formula, you can produce an electropolishing effect after electroetching. That will improve the look even more.
Cascadejackal : For anyone finding this great tutorial for the first time, here's some tricks I picked up after initially learning how to electroetch from this video.
1. A small, firm Q-tip will give different results than a larger, softer one. The smaller and firmer the tip, the more defined the area it etches will be, leaving a more uneven finish.
Using a larger, fluffier or softer tip will give a "fuzzier" edge and a more consistent etch. By using one or the other, you can make a rough, worn-in design or a smooth, clean one, depending on what you want.
2. Cotton balls work really well for consistent etching of large areas. Fluffiness matters.
3. Practice before trying it on anything you don't want to mess up! Cheap paint scrapers are a great sacrificial piece of metal to practice on, and usually have enough space to test multiple techniques.
4. What you use for a resist/stencil is important. Thin packing tape works, but thicker would be better. Masking tape, the cream-colored stuff, tends to tear and bunch slightly when I cut a design out, giving a messier edge. Sharpies are great, if you have the artistic talent to freehand a design, but it leaves softer edges when etched. Glossy sticker paper, the kind you print on, seems to give the best results when used as a stencil, with sharp, clearly defined edges and no tearing as long as it's cut cleanly.

I haven't tried it yet, but painter's blue tape as used in the video would probably be great as a stencil/resist. I've heard good things about vinegar, but haven't had the chance to try it myself yet either.

EDIT: Vinegar+salt works great. Better than water+salt, and it seems to give a shinier etch too.
danielsmith5664 : I had heard about this process a while back. Recently I've been playing around with pure vinegar as an acid bath to etch metal. Works decently well, just requires a load of time. This was a method I had been interested in trying and the clear tutorial is really appreciated.
Old George : Now THAT'S what I call a very helpful video, thanks! I was planning to use acid to etch IDs on very small parts but this simple method is far better; more precise and much safer. One question: how long do the little 9volt batteries last (PP3)? How many etchings like this one would you expect to get from one PP3 battery?
neiljborja : Just etched my name on my Leatherman (and did my dad's too!) using your video tutorial. Quick, easy, and dirt cheap. Thanks!

Chemical Etching Process Video

Learn everything there is to know about chemical etching with our FREE whitepaper: https://resources.precisionmicro.com/en/chemical-etching-whitepaper

The photo etching process involves photosensitive polymer being applied to a raw metal sheet. Using CAD designed photo-tools as stencils, the metal is exposed to UV light to leave a design pattern, which is developed and etched from the metal sheet.

Precision Micro engineers are highly trained to work with a wide range of digital CAD design formats, from which they plot front and rear component stencils known as photo-tools.

Precision Micro's photo-tools are so cost-effective to produce in relation to traditional tooling, that design revisions are implemented at a fraction of the cost, allowing customers to perfect their designs without the usual budgetary constraints.

Once a material has been selected for photo etching, it is imperative that it is thoroughly cleaned of all contaminants, allowing good surface conditions for etching.

The photo etching process can be achieved through a number of different lamination methods, including roller, wet-dip or dry lamination. This comprehensive range of approaches allows component manufacture from metal with thicknesses of 10 microns to 2 millimetres and in sheets up to 1.5 metres in length.

During the lamination process, it is important that contact between the photosensitive and metal layers is uninterrupted, so again a tightly controlled clean environment is essential.

The metal sheet is sandwiched between the photo-tools before exposure to a burst of ultraviolet light, which hardens selected areas of the laminate into an acid-resistant surface. The sheet is developed and any unexposed laminate is washed clear.

Acid solution is sprayed onto the sheet, dissolving the exposed areas of metal and revealing the product design. If the metal is exposed on only the front photo-tool then the acid will etch from only one side, and where both the front and rear photo-tools contain etchable areas, the metal will be entirely removed leaving smooth, burr-free edges, without affecting any material properties. The remaining resist is then stripped away to reveal the finished item.

The process often offers a natural solution to many design challenges. Components suitable for blood filtration, with features finer than a human hair, can be produced at the same cost as a simple cut out. And logos, part numbers and other special features can be incorporated at no extra cost.

https://www.precisionmicro.com/chemical-etching/
360 KNOWLEDGE WORLD : Excellent
洪奕胜 : nice

#SUS에칭

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

전체 17,317건 9 페이지
게시물 검색
Copyright © www.asmtimes.kr. All rights reserved.  연락처 : help@ggemtv.com